Phản đối Trung Quốc có hành động vô nhân đạo với ngư dân Việt Nam

Thứ tư, 21/10/2009

Việt Nam đã trao công hàm cho đại sứ Trung Quốc phản đối việc nhân viên vũ trang nước này có những hành động vô nhân đạo đối với ngư dân Việt Nam, người phát ngôn Bộ Ngoại giao Việt Nam Nguyễn Phương Nga cho biết.

“Chiều 21/10, Bộ Ngoại giao Việt Nam đã trao công hàm cho Đại sứ Trung Quốc tại Việt Nam phản đối việc nhân viên vũ trang Trung Quốc có những hành động vô nhân đạo đối với ngư dân Việt Nam vào tránh bão tại đảo Phú Lâm (ngư dân Việt Nam thường gọi là đảo Trụ Cẩu), thuộc quần đảo Hoàng Sa của Việt Nam đang bị phía Trung Quốc chiếm giữ”, người phát ngôn nói.

Trong công hàm, Bộ Ngoại giao Việt Nam đã yêu cầu phía Trung Quốc khẩn trương điều tra làm rõ vụ việc, xử lý nghiêm những nhân viên vũ trang có hành động đối xử thô bạo với ngư dân Việt Nam, trả lại tài sản và bồi thường thiệt hại cho ngư dân Việt Nam, đồng thời có các biện pháp ngăn chặn không để những hành vi tương tự tái diễn.

ngudanVN02

Cuối tháng 9 vừa qua, 16 tàu cá của ngư dân tỉnh Quảng Ngãi đã bị nhân viên vũ trang của Trung Quốc nổ súng ngăn chặn không cho vào đảo Hoàng Sa tránh bão số 9. Sau khi bão tan, lực lượng vũ trang này còn đánh đập, thu giữ tài sản và trang thiết bị của ngư dân Việt Nam.

Source:  VNexpress

Vietnamese fishermen say they were mistreated by China

14 Oct 2009

Hanoi – Chinese naval forces mistreated Vietnamese fishermen who tried to take shelter from a typhoon in the disputed Paracel Islands, Vietnamese officials said Wednesday. Nguyen Viet Thang, chairman of the Vietnam Fishery Association, said his organization was preparing an official protest to China over the incidents. Thang confirmed local media reports that Vietnamese fishermen were fired on when they tried to land in the Paracels to escape Typhoon Ketsana in late September, and, after sheltering on the islands for several days, were robbed and beaten by Chinese forces before leaving. He called the actions “unacceptable.”Colonel Bui Phu Phu, vice chief of the border guard forces of the fishermen’s home province of Quang Ngai, confirmed the accusations, and said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs should send a protest to China. An official at the Chinese embassy in Hanoi said China had no comment on the accusations. The islands are claimed by Vietnam, China and several other South-East Asian nations. Thang said Vietnam and China have an agreement that fishermen from each country can ride out storms in the other’s territory. Tensions over sovereignty in the South China Sea have risen since May, when regional countries submitted their territorial claims to the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea. Beijing rejected submissions by Malaysia, Vietnam and other countries as violating its own claims in the area.

Source:  Earthtimes

Reports circulate that shelter denied to Vietnamese fishermen during storm

17/10/2009

VietNamNet Bridge — Authorities in Quang Ngai province are seeking to verify reports that Vietnamese fishermen were harassed by Chinese soldiers while they sought shelter from the Typhoon Ketsana in the Hoang Sa (Paracel) Islands last month.

Tuoi Tre, Saigon Tiep thi and other vernacular newspapers, quoting fishermen in the central coast districts of Binh Son and Ly Son (Quang Ngai), reported on October 14-15 that 21 boats with more than 200 fishermen from Binh Son and Ly Son districts were refused permission to anchor at a Chinese military port illegally established in Vietnam’s Hoang Sa Archipelago as they tried to avoid typhoon Ketsana on September 26.

Provincial authorities are gathering information to report in full to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, according to a vice chairman of the Quang Ngai People’s Committee.

When they arrived at the port, locally known as Can Cau, Chinese soldiers chased them off though the boats had raised white flags, the newspaper Saigon Tiep Thi quoted fisherman Duong Van Tho as saying on October 10. The soldiers fired whenever they approached the port until the next day, while Chinese, Hong Kong and Japanese vessels were given refuge, Tho told the news source.

However, as the sea got rougher and the storm came closer, the fishermen had no choice but to risk going into to the port, and this time the soldiers allowed the Vietnamese boats to stay there safely for three days.

However, when the boats were preparing to leave the port on September 30, a group of armed Chinese soldiers robbed them of positioning devices, fish and foodstuff, and even destroyed their water tanks, the fishermen told the newspaper.

Such acts of aggression and robbery, if true, are inhuman and against international regulations on rescuing sailors at sea, Vietnam Fisheries Association Tran Cao Muu said in an interview on Tuesday. If reports from Quang Ngai Province, confirm the newspaper stories, VFA will send a written protest to the Chinese Embassy, Muu said.

Sources: Tuoi Tre/SaigonTiep thi

Comments

No Comments

Leave a reply

Name *

Mail *

Website